Fit for a Vintner
THE wine hamper to impress.
The Lane's 95 point Blanc de Blancs provides the bubbles with its elegant hints of lemon and crisp finish. The 'Bernoota' from Langhorne Creek's Lake Breeze provides the award winning Great Australian Red. A finely crafted shiraz cabernet with chocolatey overtones to blackberries and plums, this wine will benefit from cellaring for the next 8-10 years. From James Halliday's Winemaker of the Year in 2016, Peter Fraser's Yangarra Estate provides the 2015 Old Vine Grenache. Rating 95 points with James Halliday, this is another elegant and enticing offering within this carefully arranged hamper. Hidden gem, Mordrelle Wines provide their Cabernet Sauvignon, with a rich palate and hints of cinnamon and vanilla. Perfect accompaniments are provided by Red Cacao chocolates, Two Hills and a Creek dukkah, olives from Harding’s Fine Foods, smoked almonds and biscuits from Frantic Whisk.
- Yangarra Estate Old Vine Grenache 2015
- From bush vines planted in 1946 on the estate's deep sandy soils, the Old Vine Grenache is complex, elegant and enticing. One of the more perfumed vintages, with pretty, floral aromas and briary bright red fruits. 95 points with James Halliday, a pinot-like wine from the Australian Winemaker of the Year.
- The Lane Lois Blanc de Blancs
- Lemon sorbet, cracked wheat and fresh green apple on the nose, and palate of lemon, lime and minerality. This stunning 95 point wine is from one of the Adelaide Hills finest chardonnay vineyards. Perfect with oysters, lobster or truffle risotto. 13% by volume.
- Lake Breeze Bernoota Shiraz Cabernet 2018
- A fine blend of 60% shiraz and 40% cabernet sauvignon, carefully selected from the old vines on the Follett family vineyard. The award winning wine shows dark fruit characters of blackberry and plums with a hint of choc mint and smoky oak aromas.